Our family and thus our architect’s office are deeply entrenched in craftsmanship. For more than 300 years, members of our family continuously practice carpenter by trade. This tradition shapes us. With all due ambition, our architecture has never been detached from craft. On the contrary: only in the harmonious combination of design and construction we see our requirements satisfied. According to its Greek root architecture means “first art” or “first craft”. For us, this exactly defines the meaning. It is original and carries a creative act in itself. It combines aesthetic and creative demands with manufacturing craft.

2015

Philipp Architects is appointed to the Association of German Architects BDA

2005

The 11th generation of Philipps takes over responsibility. As a free architect, Anna Philipp manages the architect’s office Philipp Architekten GmbH 

1995

Anna Philipp studies architecture at the College of Technology in Stuttgart and the ETH/ Swiss University of Technology, Zurich 

1994

Spin-off - the architect’s office is split off as an independent company

1986

Strategic business transformation and focusing on exclusive private housing construction 

1974

Celebrating building project number 1,000 

1966

In tradition of the “Bauhaus”: Design and development of industrially prefabricated house 

1960

At the same time, Walter Philipp studies architecture 

1950

Diversification: The company gets involved with construction carpentry, stair construction and manufacturing windows and garage doors

1939

Shifting of the continuously growing workshop to the outskirts of town 

1921

Expansion of the carpenter’s business based in Untermünkheim 

1821

The carpenterfamily Philipp moves from Unterampfrach to Untermünkheim near Schwäbisch Hall 

1782

The carpenterfamily Philipp moves from Jagstheim to Unterampfrach

1749

The carpenterfamily Philipp moves from Ilshofen to Jagstheim near Crailsheim 

1643

First certified reference of the Philipp family, living as carpenters in Ilshofen, a small town belonging to the free city of Hall